- Advising on the legal framework for the proposed business
activity, as well as on the preferred vehicle or structure
for the investment, including the establishment of
branches, subsidiaries, representative offices, regional
headquarters, regional operating headquarters, and other
types of business vehicles;
- Advising on and obtaining special registrations for
corporate entities to avail of tax and other incentives under
the Kenyan law;
- Advising on and obtaining government approvals, permits,
licenses and registrations for the client’s operations;
- Preparing, negotiating and reviewing contracts for various
corporate and commercial transactions that may arise from the client’s business.
- Advising on the Kenyan regulatory regime for various
corporate and commercial transactions that may have
implications on the client’s business.
- Pre-acquisition review
- Negotiating, preparing and reviewing
- Sale and purchase agreements (both shares and assets)
- Preparatory and ancillary agreements
- Joint venture, shareholders and other business agreements
- Capital restructuring post-acquisition integration or
- Establishment of joint venture companies
- Documenting and handling the various regulatory requirements for M&A transactions, investment structures, reorganizations, spin-offs divestitures and other business combinations.